Sunday, October 5, 2008

Autumn

It finally has turned to autumn.  It is cool today, beautiful and gray.  I love days like this.  They are perfect for making music or hiking alone.  They are also good for cooking- something I did a fair amount of today.

Having spent all day writing a Max patch- it took a lot of time to get one little aspect working, and now I am onto the next portion of the patch I need to write.  I am realizing that though I am enjoying playing noise lately, I will be playing something quite 'pretty' this coming Friday.  I look forward to it very much, though I must admit intentionally pretty music makes me overly self conscious.  I prefer my traditionally beautiful music to be buried under layers of noise, or, barring that, interrupted by it often.  

I played in a concert on Friday night, and when I get the video documentation back, I will make sure to post an excerpt of it here.  It was a wonderful show, and I am grateful to my friend who played with me that evening to set it up.  It went well, and, the feedback I have gotten has been entirely positive.  

I suppose the last thing to say about autumn is that it is one of my favorite times of year because it is the time when I get a little more creative, and get to take my time working on things, creating new music and playing shows.  Soon it will be winter, and I'll be back in full production mode.  Cold weather influences my work quite a bit.  This winter I do hope to be able to make some really good quality recordings of snow falling.  It is one of my favorite sounds, to be sure.

No comments: