Monday, October 20, 2008

Four Days and Two Weeks Ago...

It's been over two weeks since I played the show with my coworker and his drummer.  Today I finally got to listen to the session, and wow!  It was really great.  The show seemed so strange when we played it, very surreal.  Somehow, we managed to become a very trio of studio musicians.  Not quite Air Supply, however, we did manage to have a really awesome powerhouse of rhythm section going on. 

I've still not seen  nor heard the new work for box, hopefully that will come out soon.

Creative energies are high this week.  I played with a friend tonight, and, it was definitely a strange little set we did, but totally fun and totally worth it.  I feel like my music is becoming more 'solid' and am very happy to be getting back into a regular practice of playing.  All of that aside, I am finding my limits a bit quickly, and need to fix that- either by pushing the limits of the "expanded Box" or by getting something else to play.  I'm highly tempted to return to oboe playing.  Though it has been almost 7 years, I'm hoping to start up again soon- will ask to see if I can borrow one from work until I can find a new one to play.  Really, I miss playing notes, or, at least, miss being able to 'chime in' on riffs and such.  Then again, it is nice to have my total autonomy.  I always did best in the rhythm section, you know?  

The box continues to eat me alive.  I have no more finger nails, and they are worn off behind line where the free edge of my finger nails meet the nail plate.  I need to walk down to the pet store and get the accessories I need in order to play the box properly— I have another rehearsal on Friday.  I love it.  It is a wonderful release.

Prep for the concert next week is this Wendesday.  It will be fun.

No comments: